March 24, 2013

Easter Wishes

Hello there!  Today I have a card I made for a challenge called A Blog Named Hero.  It's a free style challenge which simply means anything goes.  For this challenge they'd like it if you'd use a Hero Arts  stamp but its not necessary.  I love Hero Arts so I used one of my favourite stamps.  It's called the Tall Flower.  I've had this idea in my head for a while but it took some time to finally be realized.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.



I stamped the flower in green then coloured it in.  Stamped the sentiment in brown.  Cut out a portion of it using an oval cutter and layered it on green.  I used a hand made (not by me) doily underneath.  That is overtop a subtly patterned cream paper.  Used a corner punch to to do the fancy corners.  That's layered over more of the green paper and attached to a white card base.  I don't think I've ever used a doily before but I really love it here.

Well, that's all for now.  Have a fabulous day!

Supplies:  white card stock by Recollections, green paper by Dear Lizzy/American Crafts (Neopolitan collection), cream patterned paper is unknown, Tall Flower stamp (K5431) by Hero Arts, sentiment by Verve (Hoppy Easter set), green ink is Mellow Moss and brown is Soft Suede by Stampin' Up!, coloured with Spectrum Noir markers, doily is of unknown origin, corner punch by Fiskars.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors you used, and that flower stamp has been one of my favorites for a while! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!