March 11, 2013

Oh how sweet.

So, this weekend we went to Zellers before doing some other shopping to see if there were anything we could find at a great sale price.  As, some of you may know, Zellers is closing out so lots of discounts.  I love getting things on sale.  Especially, a REALLY good sale.  Ended up spending more than we planned but what great deals we found.  My son, of course, scored some cool toys and I got my supply of forks for my Christmas decorations.  If you are not familiar with what I'm referring to, I'm talking about my reindeer forks and santa forks.  Here, let me show you.

(I don't seem to have a great photo of the santa fork sorry)


The trick to the reindeer fork is to not have it snap when you bend it.  I had an issue with this last year but I think the forks I got this time will be better.  :-)  Got a fabulous deal, in any case.

Anyway, I digress.  I really wanted to post about the card I made for my niece.  She'll be turning the big 16 this year.  I'm not sure I'm in love with this card though.  I may yet try a different design and colours.  I've got the time.  Her birthday isn't until July.

What do you think?  It's fairly simple.  Dry embossed the beige paper and did some die cuts using my Slice.  The ice cream cone is from a patterned paper and I just cut it out and added some glitter and raised it up with some foam dots.  Anyway, like I said not in love with it.

Well, that's it for now.  Have a fabulous day!

Supplies:  Cardstock all by Recollections, orange polka dot paper and ice cream cone from Dear Lizzy Neopolitan collection by American Crafts, glitter is Dazzling Diamonds by Stampin' Up!, paisley embossing folder by Sissix.

1 comment:

  1. Your forks are cracking me up - so funny! Cool card - that ice cream cone is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!