April 14, 2013

New RCS Challenge "Old Hollywood", Make a Vintage Card.

It's another fun challenge at Red Carpet Studio and this time inspiration is drawn from old Hollywood movies.  You have to make a vintage style card.  The challenge runs from April 14th to the 20th.  The sponsor is The Robin's Nest.  The prize is a $10 gift certificate to their online store.



When I saw this challenge I was a little bit worried.  I don't think I have ever made a vintage style card.  I've always admired them but its just not my thing.  One thing about being on a design team is you get pushed creatively.  This is a good thing I think.  In any case it was with great trepidation that I set out to make this card.



Well, it took me FOREVER to create but I think it turned out pretty well.  My whole card was made round the chipboard cameo that I painted and made all old and distressed looking.  I got that chipboard from Michaels. It's a Studio 18 product.  Once that was done I went through my new paper stack I won from Paper Crafts Magazine's blog.  It by DCWV called Tradewinds and its GORGEOUS!  There is also some paper from a Colorbok paper pad too.  I used a damask embossing folder by Sissix to emboss the bottom of the card and then sponged to make it antiqued.  I cut part of a handmade doily to attach to the top part.  I didn't want to use a whole one or it would be too bulky.  I used some blue Prima flowers which I darkened by sponging with blue ink.  Not sure where the flower with the text on it came from but the flower on top is from Creative Impressions which I sponged brown then added a rhinestone.  The small blue flower is from Forever In Time.  Don't know where the pearl brad is from.  The sentiment is from Fiskars.  Whew!  And that's all she wrote!  :-).

Anyway, I hope you all will join us in all the fun!  Have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous! Kim this rocks! I love the combination of patterns, that doily, the cameo...and the banners peeking out the bottom?! Genius!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!