May 27, 2013

A Pocket Full of Gingerbread

My second post for today.  Doesn't happen too often but I just happened to get two cards made yesterday.  I'm linking this card up to two challenges.  First is Festive Friday with the theme being a colour challenge of red, green and gold.  The second is Christmas Cards All Year Round with the challenge of including gingerbread.  I have to say I'm really happy with this card.  It took some trial and error but it is just what I was hoping for.


Now, to have a gingerbread man in my card I had to make one out of sculpey clay and paint it.  I don't have a gingerbread man stamp.  Really should fix that issue.  :-). The candy embellishment are from Dress it Up (by Jesse James).  I cut the pocket out of some Nordic patterned paper by Recollections and tied a gold cord around it before attaching it with some foam dots.  The sentiment is from the Joy To All set by Hero Arts.

Well, that's all for now.  Have a fabulous day!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Thank you for sharing at Christmas Cards All year Round and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love EVERTHING about this! I would squeel with delight if this was given to me for Christmas! And the Sentiment, modern, classic and wymsical at the same time, tooo perfectly scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card!! very original!I wish i had thought of it! irene x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fresh and bright card - a pocketful of fun! Thanks for playing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet card! perfectly done...love the pocket..and that you MADE your gingerbread man! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kim...I'm impressed! That little GBman fits in so nicely with your other embellishments...great job on him!!! And I love that they're all peeking out of the little pocket...this would have been great for the 'sweet' challenge, too, huh? It's adorable! Love the vibrant colors with all the white space! So, so nice...thanks for sharing it with us at FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE the Sculpey gingerbread man!! That's so awesome! What a fun card - you did such a wonderful job with combining the challenges. Thanks so much for playing with us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that gingerbread man is wonderful! I love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!