May 10, 2013

Monkey Birthday

Today I have a card that is a part of a set that a friends Mom is purchasing from me.  She needs birthday cards for boys.  She doesn't have any grandchildren that are girls so I needed to come up with some cute boy cards.  I have this monkey stamp that came with a set of stamps that I've never used but I always thought he was super cute.  So, I decided it was time to ink him up.  Here he is.....


I don't do much paper piecing and thought I would try it here.  I'm just realizing that I seem to be on a trend of doing things I don't normally do a lot of.  I guess I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone :-).  I stamped the monkey (Inkadinkado) in black ink on some polka dot paper (K & Company) and fussy cut him out then stamped on some cream paper and just cut the belly part out to attach.  The happy birthday is die cut using my Slice machine out of kraft paper and then I sponged with Soft Suede (SU!).  On the cream panel I used the leaf roller stamp (SU!) in Sage Shadow (SU!).  Patterned paper panel also by K & Company.

I think this card turned out pretty cute.  I'm going to link it up to the There She Goes Clear Stamps challenge - Paper Piecing.  If you haven't seen this blog check it out.  Lots of cool stuff going on and they've got some great stamps.

Well, I think I'll go get crafty now.  I've got some time and I've got more cards to make for my friend's Mom.  Have a fabulous day everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a cute little paper pieced monkey! I love the serene colors and the fun scripty font of your sentiment too! Thanks for playing along with TSG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card turned out pretty cute, too, Kim! Absolutely perfect for a boy card and excellent job on the paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!