July 14, 2013

New RCS Challenge, "Action Movies"

It's a new challenge at Red Carpet Studio this week and we are featuring action movies!  What does that mean for the theme?  You have to make an action wobble card.  The challenge runs from July 14-July 20.  Our sponsor this time is Treasure Box Designs.  They are offering a $15 gift certificate as the prize.  Here's some inspiration for you.



Now I have never made a card with an action wobble.  And I've never seen them at my local Michaels.  So I had to improvise and make my own.  Just used some wire which I twisted into a spring form and adhered to a couple of small pieces of card stock.  Wasn't too pretty but it works.  Here's a close up of it wobbling.  You can tell as the heart is all blurry.  :-)



This idea came to me pretty quickly.  I computer generated the sentiment and used an old embellishment sticker that had been sitting in my embellishment box since I had been married!  I added a white rose which I coloured a bit with a red Spectrum Noir marker.  I put the heart on the panel with my sentiment using my homemade action wobble and put that on my card base with some foam dots.  I quite like the results.

Anyway, hope you can join in all the "action"!  (I know, I know.  Bad pun.  LOL).

Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. so pretty Kim! i love the beaded edge on the heart...and holy engineer for making your own wobble mechanism! you're my new crafting heroine!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!