September 06, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #25

I'm going to try to make this a quick post as I'll probably be heading to bed early.  One thing about my son starting school means I have to get up early too.  Blah.  I'm not much of a morning person.  :-)
Anyway, I made this card for my FIL for his birthday and decided to use the opportunity to play along at the current 10 Minute Craft Dash over at Pretty Pink Posh.  It certainly is a challenge to create a card in 10 minutes but very doable.  Here's the colours for the challenge.


**Update**. I'm linking this up to Moxie Fab World's Stickers and Tape challenge.

And here's my card...


I used some scraps up which is always nice.  Cut some banners from them and embossed the brown with a wood grain pattern.  I splattered the card base with watered down blue ink.  I cut a strip of white card stock, sponged it with brown and stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up!).  I adhered everything and then added the watch sticker (K & Company) with some foam dots.  I almost ran out of time at 9 minutes and 52 seconds but managed to finish in time.  :-)

Well, that's all for today.  Thanks for stooping by and have a good evening! (Or day, depending where you live!)   :-)

8 comments:

  1. Kim, this is such a wonderful design! The clock image is perfect for your perfectly timed efforts :) Great masculine design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, love it, quick is often the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the banners and pocket watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, great card! I love the design with the banners like that!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome - I love the banners! And what a great masculine card (I always struggle SO much!!). Thank you for sharing this with us at the Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. I love the repetition in the banners! And the pocket watch is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your way to use all the banners. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kim! Thanks for linking this up to the Stickers & Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!