January 14, 2014

Publication!

So, finally I can share with you the card that was published in the recent Paper Crafts Magazine, Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters Vol. 2.


The sad thing is I have been unable to locate a copy of the magazine yet.  :-(. I really want to see how they photographed it.  I even looked in Calgary when I was there over Christmas.  I may just have to order it.  :-). I'll get it eventually.  Anyway, I do have a photo of it to share.  It was for the category of DIY stamps.


What was my DIY stamp, you ask?  Let me show you.


I decided to raid my yard and found a fern, grass and some flowers.  I inked them up and stamped with them.  To stamp the fern and grass I used a piece of wax paper overtop and a brayer to impress the images.  It was easier as they are quite delicate.  You can do this with pretty much any kind of plant really.  I may have to experiment more this summer.  :-). The sentiment is by Fiskars and the paper is Recollections.  The wood grain embossed piece is a folder by Darice.  I really love how this turned out.  It was so exciting when I got that acceptance email.  Can't wait to see it in the magazine itself.

Well, that's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. So clever! Love the final effect! Congratulations on your publication! They will send you a copy of the magazine with your card back, so you should get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Way to go! That is a gorgeous card, Kim! No more need to buy stamps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, CONGRATS, Kim!!! So this was before they went digital??? I guess that probably started with the new year...if so...Cecilia is right...they send you a copy...but I know it's hard waiting! Beautiful!!! (and so creative!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!