December 13, 2014

A Postcard Christmas

Well, everyone, this will likely be the last Christmas card I post this year.  I'll take a break from making them and start again in January.  :-). You may think I'm nuts but I love making them so I never really get tired of it.  This card came about because of a challenge going on at Virginia's View Challenge.  She wanted distressed so I gave her distressed!  LOL.  It's not my usual CAS style but I still like the results.  Take a look...



So I used a NBUS stamp (the postcard is by Stampendous) and stamped it in brown on tan cardstock. I cut out the oval part with the cabin and did some distressing in the form of sponging ink and tearing up the edges.  I coloured in the holly and berries with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I took a teal card base and cut an oval window out if it and then attached my postcard frame.  Then I added some acetate which I had splattered white paint on to mimic snow.  I then stamped the postcard again in blue ink on white paper.  I sponged some extra colour lightly here and there.  I also added some dazzling diamonds glitter (SU!) to the roof of the cabin and various snow covered areas.  Can't see it at all but it's there.  :-). I cut out the oval with the cabin, discarding the frame part this time and attached it to the inside of the card to show through.  Like I said not quite my usual style but it's rather lovely, isn't it?

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

Kylie is Addicted to Stamps - she's having a Christmas card challenge on her blog.  You could win a custom watermark designed by her.  Sweet!  :-)
52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown - use a previous 2014 challenge.  I used the previous challenge February 2014 which was the theme of Christmas landscape.
Virginia's View Challenge (obviously.  LOL) - all things distressed.


Well, I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.  Our house is looking more Christmassy as I get decorations out and up.  Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kim!! Such a beautiful frosty scene. Thanks for joining us this month at 52CCT. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow., the inking is fabulous, Kim! I adore the oval image and details! I bet it looks even more beautiful in person! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Distressed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A distressed marvel, Kim! The postcard is gorgeous, and the scene on the oval, so beautiful. In awe...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - what a fab past challenge to choose - thanks for sharing with us this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I do like the way you've cut a hole through to see the winter scene on the inside. Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. j'aime beaucoup le mélange vintage et couleur turquoise de ta carte, un bel ensemble, je te souhaite de merveilleuses fêtes en famille, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of those stamps that I always adore but have never bought because I haven't been able to think how to use it... You've given a great example! Very beautiful and innovative card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!