July 16, 2015

Hello Birthday Girl

Today I have a card to share that I made especially for a birthday bash going on at a fellow STAMPlorations teammate's blog.  She's got a fun challenge going on and I wanted to participate.  This week, Becca, from The Damsel of Distressed Cards  blog is celebrating her birthday!  She has a mood board to draw inspiration from and a list of things she'd like you to use as a guideline.


Guidelines:
>Purple and teal color combos
>Watercolor washes
>Fun, bright, eclectic clean and simple cards 
>Polka Dots
>PUNS!! :)
>Typography
>Distressed, vintage cards full of texture

So, I came up with a card that I think she'll like.  I've shown the inside of the card as well.  Check it out...




I first stamped my maple leaf (Clearly Besotted) using spiced marmalade, broken china, and dusty concord Distress inks that I randomly applied to my stamp and then lightly spritzed with water.  Then I stamped my script stamp (Stampabilities) with walnut stain Distress ink that I spritzed with water and rubbed off a bit here and there.  Next, I sponged a bit of spiced marmalade ink around my leaves.  I then stamped my sentiment (CAS-ual Fridays) in the walnut stain ink.  I tied some twine around my panel then attached it to my card base with foam dots.  The inside sentiment is by STAMPlorations and the leaf was stamped the same way as the others.  It's got the purple and teal colours Becca likes and some typography too.  A little distressed looking too.  :-)

Well, Happy Birthday Becca!  Hope you like the card.  That's all for me today.  Thanks for visiting!

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

Craft Stamper Magazine - make it, take it challenge - use a stamp.
Virginia's View Challenge - 100% Stamped
The Damsel of Distressed Cards- Becca's Birthday Bash
Time Out Challenge - Nature with optional twist of animals.  (No twist this time for me)

13 comments:

  1. Like it?! I love it!! It's so pristine and beautiful. I simply adore the way that you've done those leaves with multiple colors of distress inks. I'm going to have to try something like that! Look at you giving me all that inspiration! Thank you so much for joining in my birthday celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Lovely card...like how you stamped the leaves and then left a white area down the side of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome, Kim! And perfect for Becca! I see that she loves it! Love how you did the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those leaves are so cool! Love the colors you chose! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful card. Love the leaves and the background. Gorgeous detail on the inside, too. Thank you for joining us at the TIMI CraftStamper challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Kim, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have totally nailed Becca's guidelines, Kim....this card is absolutely awesome! Of course, Becca loves it...and I do, too!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. LOVE those leaves..
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card .... love the colours, those leaves look fab! The inside looks great too. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful, Kim! I love the mix of colours you've achieved with the leaves. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous. I love the colors you used for the leaves, and the script and twine combine so beautifully with the leaves in this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!