July 18, 2015

Inkspirational Colour Challenge - Kraft

Morning everyone!  It's another hot one here today.  We are going over to a friends place today to swim in their pool.  My son is super excited.  He's been counting down the days all week.  LOL.  Anyway, we've got a great colour challenge over at Inkspirational starting today.  Anything goes with Kraft.


I love working with kraft paper. It can change the whole look of your card.  I decided to try colouring with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I love how it turned out.  Take a look...


I stamped my flowers and leaves (STAMPlorations, Dee's Artsy Impressions, Blooming Buds set) in black on my kraft cardstock.  Then I coloured them in with my SN markers (DR5, DR7, DG2, DG4). Then I masked off my flowers and stamped portion of a script stamp (Stampabilities. I think this is a discontinued stamp but any script stamp will do) in tea dye Distress ink, stamping off first to create a subtle look.  I sponged some more tea dye ink around my flowers and stamped some of the flowers lightly around the edges.  I sprayed some heirloom gold Perfect Pearls mist and then removed the mask.  I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations, Trendy Feathers set) in walnut stain Distress ink.  Then I attached my kraft panel to my white card base.

I hope you'll join in on the fun and make a krafty card!  Come take a look at the other Ink girls projects too.  They are all just wonderful.  We have a fantastic Guest Designer too.  Bobby from Bits & Pieces.  Go check out her awesome card!

Hope you have a lovely day and thanks for stoping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Craft Stamper Magazine - Make it , Take it challenge - use a stamp.
Virginia's View Challenge - 100% Stamping
Penny Black and More challenge - anything goes with a sentiment

16 comments:

  1. Lovely, super elegant card! Thank you for joining us at the TIMI CraftStamper challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Kim. Love how the markers worked so well on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the scripty background! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you rocked this! It looks so stunning with the colouring on the kraft.
    Hugs Pia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Kim! Stunning card! I love all the details and you rocked the coloring. What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Kim! Love the rich colouring and the script background - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the richness of the colours here, and the layering of the stamping - beautiful.

    How clever of you to have a friend with a swimming pool! I need a friend with a yacht ( or a pub!). Have fun in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a stunning card! Your use of color and ink is always beautiful. Seriously, you have a skill Kim! I have been trying to work on a one layer card and I cannot get ink to do anything useful for me. I am more of a paper worker. =)
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shauna! Too bad we didn't live closer and could get together to play! :-). Would be so much fun, wouldn't it?

      Delete
  9. Beautiful and vintage styled stamping, lovely colouring, fabulous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more,
    good luck for the draw;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, you've showcased these lovely flowers beautifully and doing so by colouring on kraft only adds to the impact! So incredibly gorgeous! I'm with Shauna - I'd love to have a play date with you...you're such an inspiration!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummmmmmmmmmmm you just created something amazing - but I'm sure you already know that. This is simply stunning, Kim and going all over my Pin board. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Kim and perfect for our theme at Penny Black and More, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper... . another beauty you've entered!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty .... great colouring. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!